Re: [MV] Military Vehicle Magazine

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Sat Mar 03 2001 - 08:50:23 PST

In a message dated 3/3/01 8:54:45 AM Central Standard Time, garrett@aa.net
writes:

<< As a subscriber to MV Magazine for over five years, I would just like to
say
 BRING IT ON. The magazine has gotten better and better. The classified
 adds pay the freight and assure the financial survival of the magazine.

 People who complain about the amount of advertising in a publication must
 not understand who pays the freight. Your subscription "MIGHT" pay the cost
 of packaging and mailing the copy to your doorstep. It DEFINITELY does not
 cover the cost of producing, printing, and editing the magazine. If it did,
 magazines and newspapers all over the land would NOT BE GOING OUT OF PRINT.
 Let's all hope that MV Magazine keeps selling lots of advertising and stays
 healthy!

I buy several mags that are about 10 bucks each, and have no advertising at
all....
but that is beside the point, so I'll try this one more time........
I AM PLEASED WITH THE MAGAZINE THUS FAR, AND I DON'T OBJECT TO ADS as long
as the ratio of ads to editorial content IS REASONABLE!
I sell several Krause publication in my store, so to illustrate my point I
analyzed a copy of another Krause publication that sells for the same price
as MV. Its 130 pages, and has only 20 pages of articles...the rest is all
ads, and to me this is NOT a reasonable ratio. I'd hate to see MV get to
this stage. It is not at this time, but it SEEMS to me that in the past year
or so, while the magazine as a whole has grown and improved, the advertising
content is growing at a rate greater than the editorial content is growing.
This is my only concern, and I am not the person who originally posted that
the magazine quality is declining.....that is not what I think at all.

Hoping to empty my mail box,
David Doyle