Re: [MV] Problem - ideas - rider?

From: James Shanks (n1vbn@bit-net.com)
Date: Sat Mar 03 2001 - 23:53:44 PST

Gents,

    This is the easy way of checking for a leaking intake gasket. Start
engine and after it's warm and idling grab a can of starting either and
lightly <1/2 second burst's> spray a shot at each intake gasket in turn
letting the engine idle for at least 30 seconds after each "shot" to
minimize incorrect readings. The leaky gasket will show as by the engine's
idle increasing when it suck's in the additional fuel <ether>. Done this
myself many times to find out if it's a leaky intake and it finds em every
time.

James Shanks
n1vbn@bit-net.com