Re: [MVlist] beltring

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 15:03:05 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Maurizio Beretta" <pierino@tin.it>
To: <mil-veh@mil-veh.org>; <MVlist@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2001 3:27 PM
Subject: [MVlist] beltring

> I'm really concerned about the following, as I was thinking about an hotel
> reservation for the incoming event.
>
> how do you Nige and friends think to face the problem ?
>
> I really hope the GB could solve the problem ASAP, but what we have to do
now ?

Your attached piece is a bit media sensational.

1. There is no solution, containment and destruction by burning is all that
can be done.

2. If the govt make any area restricted for this reason then thats it.

3. Beltring is a long way off (relatively) yet, the virus only survives in
cool and damp conditions, hence early spring/early winter is always the
danger period, hopefully as (if) the weather warms up the rising temps kill
it.

4. Its not a "huge" outbreak, some 60+ cases, the last one was 2000+ cases.
Its exacerbated by todays instant haulage and the virus having a
dormant/incubation period which puts a delay in the system before cases are
apparent.

Richard
Southampton - England