Re: [MV] It broke down part 3 super plugs?

From: M35products@aol.com
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 15:40:55 PST

spallen@rolemail.ccis.edu writes:

<< Chevy Pickup that incorporates a
 heating element. It comes with an electrical cord that you plug in
 providing 600 watts (in the case of the model in my truck) of heating to the
 water jacket on sub-zero nights. I can't tell you how welcome that blast of
 hot air right out of the defrosters is on those cold mornings! >>

I'll second that! My Dodge Cummins 3/4 ton came with same (100 watt version)
 and it has not leaked in 170,000 miles, 10+ years. What a pleasure, as you
said, to have "instant" defrost/heat, even in sub-zero weather. The
windshield even stays partially de-iced, just through the convection of warm
air in the plenum. I added an encapsulated marine-supply 12 volt battery
charger, which comes on at the same time, all under control of a thermostat
jerry-rigged to activate at 40 degrees F., and the truck has never once
failed to start on the first crank. apb