Re: [MV] It broke down part 3 super plugs?

From: Steven P. Allen (spallen@rolemail.ccis.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 15:22:42 PST

Doug,

I know people who've had a great deal of success with these. In a related
note, I have something similar in one of the casting plug--PLEEZE don't call
them "freeze plugs"--holes in the V8 in my Chevy Pickup that incorporates a
heating element. It comes with an electrical cord that you plug in
providing 600 watts (in the case of the model in my truck) of heating to the
water jacket on sub-zero nights. I can't tell you how welcome that blast of
hot air right out of the defrosters is on those cold mornings! ;-) This
unit has been in my truck for almost seven years now without a leak, and it
has been used sporadically each of those winters.

YMMV,

Steve Allen