Re: [MV] M35 Shift pattern...

From: Jeanne Lacourse (cckw@mediaone.net)
Date: Sat Mar 10 2001 - 11:38:28 PST

This is the same as the cckw but different from a gas M35.

5th is OD. When you pull the lever back toward the seat, you engage direct
drive (no gears involved) When you push it forward like the next lower gear,
you are involving a gear on the main shaft and a gear on the counter shaft.
To get OD, they swap the smaller gear from the counter shaft to the main
shaft so now you have a larger gear driving a smaller gear hence OD. This is
the only way it can work with a top shifter transmission.

Steve AKA Dr Deuce