Re: [MV] Just purchased M1009

From: Stu Ellis (stuellis@mediaone.net)
Date: Wed Mar 14 2001 - 17:19:07 PST

Hi!
Sounds like a fuel problem. Do you get fuel out the bleed valve of the fuel
filter? I would change that filter first anyway. See if you get fuel out
the valve. Take pink wire off injection pump, open bleed valve with hose
attached and crank engine. After new filter fills and air is bled out you
should get fuel out hose with no air bubbles in it. Then reattach pink
wire. If air bubbles don't go away, then you have air leak. Replace all
rubber fuel hoses.
The fuel goes from tank to fuel pump, to filter, to injection pump, and then
the injectors.
Everything on the Blazer is 12v except for the starter and radio feeds for
military 24v radios. Everything else(head lights, tail lights, etc.) is 12v
including trailer hook-up. In fuse box only 1 24v fuse for starter. 24v
bulbs in military trailers won't work right. You must change bulbs to 12v.
Truck uses 2 generators- front battery is charged by gen#1, rear battery is
charged by gen#2(which also charges front battery too). Military did it
this way so radios won't drain batteries.

       Stuart J. Ellis