Manuals FS

From: JHUTT7107@aol.com
Date: Thu Mar 15 2001 - 18:01:51 PST

List,

A couple of months ago, I posted a notice that I had collected several boxes
of Military manuals from friends, and they were for sale. Each friend put
together a spreadsheet listing the items in his individual collection. I sent
copies of these spreadsheets to quite a few List members. As time has gone
on, I have had reason to actually read some of these spreadsheets. (Iknow, I
should have done that in the first place, but I didn't) Instead of nice
simple terminology, I find that many of the items are identified by acronyms.
I found that I couldn't identify what many of these items were. I'm going to
start going through the boxes (there are 23 boxes of the type that copy
machine paper comes in) and try to make sense of some of the acronyms. Every
couple of days, I will post a couple of items that I think might be of some
interest to the List.

Todays item isn't particularly unusual, but I thought that it might be of
interest to one of the HMMWV owners on the List.

TM9-2320-280-10 (Jan 96) with Change 1 (May 99) (the Change is bigger than
the original manual). This is the Operators manual for the various models of
the HMMWV. $20.00 for the Operators Manual and Change 1, plus $3.00 postage.

TM9-2320-280-20-1 (Jan 96) Unit Maintenance Volume 1
TM9-2320-280-20-2 (Jan 96) Unit Maintenance Volume 2
TM9-2320-280-20-3 (Nov 93) Unit Maintenance Volume 3

Note that Volume 3 is an earlier published version. Each of these books is
probably 500, or more, pages and will be sold only as a set. $50.00 for the
set, plus $10.00 postage. I do have one extra copy of the 20-1, if somebody
needs just that one manual to make a set. $20.00, plus $3.00 postage.

I'll keep digging and post other pubs here every couple of days.

John