Arkansas and Tennessee MVPA chapters picnic

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Thu Mar 15 2001 - 18:34:36 PST

The Arkansas Chapter of the MVPA, and the Mid-South chapter of the MVPA, will
be having a joint picnic the weekend of March 24-25 in Jonesboro, Arkansas.
Everyone interested in military vehicles is invited to attend. You do not
have to bring your vehicle (in fact if your vehicle is large {tank, etc.}),
it would probably be best you didn't, as the road is narrow.

Craighead Forest Park, City of Jonesboro, Arkansas
March 24-25

Craighead Forest Park is located is southwest Jonesboro off of Culberhouse
Road. Follow the park signs along the route. To access the park from the 63
bypass take the 1B exit and follow the signs. The park has both RV and tent
camping sites. A
beautiful lake provides park patrons with both fishing and swimming. Dogs on
leash permitted. Also on site are hiking trails, a softball field, and
playgrounds. We have reserved pavilion #5 at a cost of $60.00 for Saturday.
We will pass the hat on site to recover this expense. The covered pavilion
has picnic tables and charcoal bar-b-que grills. Each person is solely
responsible for their own food and beverage (no alcohol).

Ron Grasso and David Doyle will be leaving from David's house at 7:30
Saturday morning. We will stop at the NW corner of the Seesel's supermarket
parking lot, corner of Austin Peay (Jackson Ave, Hwy 14) and Yale about 7:50,
and leave there at 8:00. This is NOT to shop, but to ad to the convoy.
 The next stop will be at Exit 281 (Arkansas Hwy 131) in West Memphis. Just
to the right off the exit ramp is a gravel parking lot, we will be there
about 8:15-8:30. On the return trip we will leave Jonesboro about Sunday,
probably about 1 PM, but this is subject to change. Anyone else who wants to
caravan with us is welcome to come along. We will be traveling at about 40
MPH (slightly faster for the BRIEF period of time we will be on the
Interstate), and will be traveling largest vehicle in front, smallest MV in
rear, civy vehicles following. PLEASE NOTE if you intend to meet us at one of
the stops en route please let Ron or David know in advance.

You may bring a historic military vehicle if you like, or travel in a car.
You can come Saturday only, or Sunday too, some folks are even go to show up
Friday! In the event of rain, we will stay under the pavilion, but will not
cancel the event. The objective is to meet and visit with fellow MV
enthusiasts and their families.

Camping Rates:

15.00 per night for RV spot
7.00 per night for tent camping

For camping reservations contact Alice or Tina at 870-933-4604.

A large number of us that are not camping out will be staying at:
Hampton Inn Jonesboro, Ar.
2900 Phillips Drive
Jonesboro, AR 72401 US
Tel: 870-974-9500
Room rates here are in the $60-70 dollar per night range.

The other following motels are nearby:

Baymont 1-800-301-0200
Quality 1800-228-2151
Comfort 1-800-221-2222 (Comfort has a pool)
Holiday Inn Express 870-932-5554
above all near a Cracker Barrel

Real Holiday Inn with dining 870-935-2030

We hope to see several of you there!
Contact me for more information.
Sincerely,
David Doyle