Re: [MV] paint question

From: Everett Doyle (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Fri Mar 16 2001 - 05:51:19 PST

be aware that if you had just hardner to an OD paint it will become very
very shinny, very shinny, -- be there done that -- I have two M37's that
were painted out of case case of paint and I did not like how finger prints
showed so easy for a long time on OD -- fellow at paint store told me to add
hardner, I did and it shines terrible, and has to be sanded down to
repaint -- regular OD does not need much sanding to repaint -- when I
comlained he said "well you should have added flatner" I do not do business
with that NAPA store any more for he could not give me a satasfactory answer
as to why he did not tell me that when he sold me the hardner.

Not trying to be cute - but sure would be hard to oven bake an M139 at
almost 10 feet high and almost 10 feet wide and over 30 feet long.