JACK TOMLIN

From: Eugene PANTANO (truks@cs.quik.com)
Date: Thu Mar 15 2001 - 22:46:43 PST

Alright..now here is the "rest of the story" from Jack himself. As was
mentioned earlier...about the BATF - it turns out they are not the bad guys
here for a change. It is the San Bernardino Police and HAZMAT
People....Bomb Squad Personnel as well. Seems like the place that Jack was
buying items for his place and the future museum there...well, the "place"
was under surveillance by local and Federal Police Agencies. They let Jack
get loaded up and travel nearly 30 miles before he was "stormed" and
"detained" for over 4 hours on the side of the road. The FEDS investigated
and left. The San Bernardino HAZMAT People charged Jack with 2
felonies...looks like..No Placards on the back of the trailer and No Bill
of Lading. Typical Kalifornia. Typical entrapment sort of underhanded
actions of the SanBadoo COPS..Jack had "dummy" bombs and some solid
propellant as well as a hand full of blasting caps. No big deal, considering
the "lawful" uses Jack has for this stuff..and his license for making
"artillery" rounds.. He is one heck of an American in my eyes..
What Jack needs from all of us is a nice letter by hand or e-mail.. I will
have the addresses at the bottom of this note.
We need to get a letter off quick, as he has a court date on the 21st of
this month. His legal bills will also be mountainous.. We all know Jack is
a very dedicated man - dedicated to the preservation of historical items of
the military for all to see. He is the cog on a very large Military Museum
that is going to be set up on 100 acres near his home. He is no "kook" or
"terrorist" as the Kalifornia law enforcement people would have you believe.
Kalifornia needs to take a "step back" and look at themselves. So , please
guys, give him a hand here..Make it short and to the point..he is no
weirdo..he is a preservationist of the highest order and an American "all
the way".. Did you know he was in the Marines ??

His mailing address:
 Jack Tomlin
P.O. Box 778
Tooele, UT 84074