WC53 Carryall Restoration Entry # 8

From: Chris Davis (cdavis@webworldinc.com)
Date: Fri Mar 16 2001 - 08:28:50 PST

The last rear window and winder mechanism came out without too much drama,
but it did lead to some tasks I had not planned for.

To access the last of the window housing screws I had to remove the diver's
bench seat. I didn't have "remove seats" on the list, but both the
passenger "jump" seat and the driver's bench cushions and frames came out
easily enough. I then removed the window.

This lead to the thin vertical panels between the front doors and the
middle windows. Several screws here, most of which needed impact driver
persuasion to get started. This, in turn, lead to the head liner retaining
strips. Lots of screws again, but fortunately they were not rusted in and
could be taken out with a regular screwdriver. I only did about half of
them by hand before I remembered I have a cordless drill with flat tip
bit. 10 minutes later the rest of them were out.

I must have been tired. Not only did I forget I owned a drill, but I also
forgot I had removed the running boards when I backed out of the driver's
door. (Watch that first step, it's a duzzie!)

Chris Davis
MVPA# 20000
Lake Forest, CA
'42 WC53 Carryall