Re: [MV] Russian motorcycles

From: Andreas Mehlhorn (a.mehlhorn@t-online.de)
Date: Mon Mar 19 2001 - 11:02:47 PST

> From George Mele,Crownsville,MD,MVPA 10010
>
> Has anyone on this list had any recent experience in buying--or trying to
> buy- the Russian (actually Ukrainian) "kits" of nos parts to build a BMW
> R75-clone sidecar motorcycle?

For more information about the Russian military motorbikes with sidecar, check
the official factory website:

http://www.imz-ural.com

It is a russian server, so it is a little bit slow. You can buy the motorbike
with a Kalashnikov machine gun direkt from the factory! (Before importing it to
any country, ask your local customs office, BATF or anybody else it may
concern.)

As far as I know, the bike is also available with a little mortar in the
sidecar.

Best regards
Andreas