Re: [MV] Silicone Brake Fluid / Synthetic Oil

From: Everett Doyle (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Mon Mar 19 2001 - 16:00:37 PST

If I follow your line of reasoning the U S Army Mechanics are idiots = for I
have M35 direct from DRMO that will not have brakes one time and will the
next --No leaks, Master cylinder full, just one time you get in truck and
pedal goes to floor next time is as it should be --- some times "next time"
is two hours or maybe two days or even two weeks.
  Went to military base to Motor Pool talked to 7 fellows in motor pool,
they ALL, even motor pool Sgt. and Captain that was over the pool, and
civilians that work in pool ---- drain Silicone out blow lines dry, run DOT
through system drain blow dry again --- this means take all wheel cylinders
and master cylinders apart, enough to empty them. he suggested that I put
alcohol through lines last time and use ether to blow them out. This will
get all the water out of lines.

And as for Synthetic Oil -= I worked for a Major oil company almost 15 years
and was responsible for several pieces of trucks and off road equipment --
they said DO NOT put synthetic in anything.

My qualifications do not approach professional -- I just had to see that the
stuff would operate as it should

My .25 cents worth