Re: [MV] MV CDL

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Mon Mar 26 2001 - 06:18:01 PST

> When done you have
>an interstate CDL with passenger endorsement and air brakes if the bus you
>took them in had them and you took that part of the test. Hope this helps
>someone!

>From what I see, and I'm studying right now for my A-CDL, that will not get
you an A, just a C. You need to test in a truck/trialer rig to get the A,
or a straight truck over 26,000 pounds to get the B.

I found that the local county tech school offers CDL training. You get your
written test and physical on your own first then they schedule you for the
road part. It takes three weeks or six weekends. You get to drive a brand
new Peterbuilt with the instructor and 2 other students. At the end of the
course you take the test in the same truck and the same teacher is licensed
by the state as a third party examiner to give the test. Cost, $285. can't
beat that hey?

later,

je