Re: [MV] trailer laws - now MV Movers discussion

From: Everett Doyle (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Tue Mar 27 2001 - 05:00:36 PST

Dave I somewhat agree with what you have said, but we differ on taking my
vehicle to get tested in. It will not pass inspection, it is exactly as the
military built it and works as it is supposed to in every way. Trouble is
with the brakes -- military designed the truck such that when the air on
gone the truck can be moved without doing anything to it. Commercial truck
that have lost air cannot be moved until 1 air is restored or 2 brakes are
released and caged.

It would cost a lot of money and time to change my truck. I was much more
successful convincing the authorities that I did not need CDL's C D L
stands for Commercial Driving License - hence I do not get paid for
driving - I do not get paid for hauling - my truck is nor for hire. So I
get same permits you need for recreational vehicle - just standard permit.

my .02c