Re: [MV] runaways

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Thu Mar 29 2001 - 19:17:16 PST

Dave,
I saw the results of a runaway LDT4651D, at Tom Murrays. A sweet mess.
I could place a pocket knife blade between the head and block on one end.
The exhaust stack was white, internal engine problems unknown while I was
there.

My over-the-road GMC truck-tractor had some sort of flap in the air intake
that
could be closed in event of runaway caused by intake of flammable gases.

Not a flame, Dave, so please don't take offense. Just a tidbit I think some
will find useful.

Joe Young