Re: [MV] TITLE & REGISTRATION WOES

From: Henry J. Fackovec (fackovec@radiotech.com)
Date: Mon Apr 09 2001 - 13:39:22 PDT

STOP!

Sorry that I gave the wrong impression.

I was just poking fun at Ron because he got his paperwork before I did (Even
though we picked up out trucks the same day). I have a form 97 coming, and
once I have it in hand The State of New Hampshire is the easiest that I have
ever dealt with to register a vehicle (Titled or not).

Some of my horror stories involve the NEW YORK STATE DMV. While trying to
register an M3A1 halftrack they insisted the only way I could register it
was as a motorcycle!!! (only 2 wheels) After time with the supervisor and
refusing to leave without plates, they put regular historic plates on it.

One funny story (Possibly useful to someone) was after buying a used 1983
Dodge St .Regis police car they asked what color it was, I told them it was
half black and half white. They could only put one color on the form, so I
told them it was black. When I took it to Earl Shrib (Who remembers that
name from the past.... Any car, any color, $39.95, leave the windows open we
will do the interior for free..), they were out of black paint and painted
it blue. In order to blend in with the NYC unmarked police cars of the time,
I put Plymouth Gran Fury Emblems on the car...... Every time I got a ticket,
they wrote that it was a "Blue Plymouth" with my plate number.. I would take
the tix to court and hand them my registration which said "black dodge" and
they would thro the tix out LOL. I did this for 3 years until the car ran
into the ground. I probably beat $ 7,500. in parking tix. (Not hard to run
up living in Manhattan)

Anyway, I am sure my M35 will be registered this week, but thanks for the
concern and tips.

Hank Fackovec
I was exiled from NYC to MASS for being a Scofflaw LOL!!