Re: [MV] WWII Specific MV List

From: John K. Seidts (john@astory.com)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 05:18:35 PDT

I agree with Jeff, even if he has contaminated his awesome collection with M
series stuff. Of course, my collection is tainted with M series stuff.
Mechanicals and history are just that- mechanicals and history. If the NRA
split into the hunting/ handgun/ assault weapon camps, it would surely be a
less effective organization.

That being said, I should add that we, as a collective list, without
spending dues (until recently) have become a fairly strong entity within the
military vehicle community. We are talked about at rally's, have influenced
MVPA politics both as members and non-members, and have wrangled over issues
that have tied up the MVPA in silence. While the notion of having a WWII
specific list is appealing for all the positive reasons listed, I think our
interests as e-HMV (I said it first, intellectual property rights!) owners
and enthusiasts is better served staying together.

Jim, I'll join the WWII list if it is going to stay in existence, but sure
wish you'd call it off and come back on board for the reasons above.