Re: [MV] WWII Specific MV List

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 12:11:13 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: Jim Rice
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2001 4:08 PM
Subject: Re: [MV] WWII Specific MV List

My intent is not to have anyone leave the current lists and I have not
proposed that. I am not mandating that any question is the exclusive domain
of the WWII specific list. In fact, a question on a mechanical process or
painting processes, etc should very well still be placed before the regular
list. What I have created/provided is a forum where we can discuss strictly
WWII vehicles in detail. Contract numbers, hood numbers, productions
series, why Ford did something different than Willys, why a Studebaker US6
is more correct for the USMC than Army, etc without the moaning and groaning
that has accompanied this type of discussion in the past.

Wonderful; Austin, Hillman, Morris-Commercial, Humber, Vauxhall, Albion,
Bedford, Commer, Guy, Karrier, Dennis, Thornycroft, Leyland, Tilling
Stevens, AEC, Crossley, Maudslay, Scammell, Foden, Alvis and Daimler all get
an airing then.

Richard
Southampton - England