Re: [MV] M35 Lighting Discussion (long)

From: Ron (rojoha@mediaone.net)
Date: Fri Apr 13 2001 - 08:54:06 PDT

Hi JE:
    Ok, why would you think this is a good idea?
More lights mean more connections to fail, lights to be out , more chance of
a stop while playing with your toy. A3 does look neat when illuminated but
if yours ain't broke...
    I do understand the savage amusement factor, but lets not let the LE
folks have another reason to get out their pencils and look your ride over.
Over 80% of Citations issued for defective equipment/ impoundment tows on
trucks in MASS. start with the "I stopped you because you have a light out"
according to the State PoliceTruck Team. Over weights and uncovered loads
during daylight and Lights after dark.
    FWIW, Ron