Re: LIST[MV] funny story

From: Jaime Ponce de Leon (jaimepdl@elp.rr.com)
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 10:53:37 PDT

Sometime 'round 5/1/01 11:03 AM, y'all (Damon Gentile) sent me this here
email, from yonder (damonfg@yahoo.com)

> I glance across the street to the volunteer fire department
> and sure as sheep, there's a rather modified M35 sitting
> out front idling away... Modified meaning gloss red
> paint job, water tanks, external flashers, and whoa mama
> a ridiculously overkill external roll cage built out of
> 3" diameter tubing all around the cab...

Them ridiculously overbuilt rollcages sure saved my bacon once when a
M35-based fire rig i was riding shotgun in, turtled (rolled onto its roof)
once. The point is primarily saving the firefighters, but at the same time
saving what may cost $100,000 and be the primary (or only) off-road capable
rig that department might have... thats alot of bake sales to get another
one. remember how little protection stock ones offer in rolls, plus the
water tanks raise the center of gravity, and increse the weight pulling it
down on itself.