Re: [MV] WC53 Carryall Restoration Entry #44

From: Chris Davis (cdavis@webworldinc.com)
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 11:15:59 PDT

I've sent a message directly to Rikk, detailing what I'm into things so
far. I'll put everything in a web site when it's all said and done. For
now though, I'm in about $13,000 (acquisition, parts, supplies, and labor)
if you use the $45.00 and hour rate.

While I understand the $65 - $75 an hour argument, I'd just like to add
this thought.

While I can DO the body work, paint, tune up, even major engine work, I
don't do it every day. I have a learning/remembering curve the $75 an hour
guy does not. And while I may ultimately achieve the same results, it
takes me two to three times as long, so I'm probably only worth $25 to $35
an hour as a Carryall Mechanic.

Chris Davis