Re: [MV] WC53 Carryall Restoration Entry #44

From: Robert Barber (rbarber41@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 10:35:04 PDT

  I'de vary the rating based on how much can you do your self..
  IE if your skill set is limited to turning a wrench and using a
  spray can then $ 45.00 / hr is about right. But you get into the
  skills such as motor / transmission rebuilding or quality body work ,
  well now your talking closer to $ 65.00 or $ 75.00 an hour

  Rule of thumb is your work is just as valuable as the guy you
  have to pay to do the work for you ..The question is more one
  of time .. Do you have the time to do the work or is it more
  time and cost effective to pay another who makes their loving
  to do that work. IE you can rebuild the trans but it will take you
  three weeks of working nights and weekends to do it vs handing it
  to Joes trans shop on Sat and picking it up the next Sat

  It boils down to good ol project management in which there are
  three key factors ..Money, people and time.. Remember you can
  only extend / short change one of the three..

  Short the money and you will need more time and people
  Short the people and you need more money and time
  Short the time and you need more people and money

  Set a goal of when it has to be done and then back into the
  requirements to get it there..

                                      Bob B