Re: [MV] LIST€[MV] funny story

From: CCKW6X6@aol.com
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 16:07:59 PDT

Just thought I'd throw this out there....
From my experiences working as a Special Deputy Coroner and EMT here in SE
Kansas, it would seem that many more roll over accidents in off road terrain
occur at low vehicle speed. This is not to say the faster is safer in any
way. I am mearly saying that it is equally easy to roll a vehicle at a low
speed and often the vehicle operator is lulled into a false sense of security
at these speeds. My second point is that a ROPS kit on its own is not
sufficient to protect the occupants of an open cab vehicle such as a jeep,
tractor or catipiller. I have seen instances in each of these three vehicle
types in which one or more of the vehicle occupants were ejected from the
vehicle and subsequently crushed and by the vehicles on board ROPS and all
three were at very low speed (under 5mph). I'm not trying to stir up any
controversy or start any arguments, just sharing my 2 cents on the subject.
Take care and be safe.
John Atkin
Yates Center, Ks