Re: [MV] Contractors

From: Gene Pantano (truks@cs.quik.com)
Date: Sun May 06 2001 - 10:13:52 PDT

During the War..the "Unexcelled" fireworks company on Staten Island, New
York...was put into the "bomb" making line.. My mother was there during the
war loading incindiary bombs. She was known as "the blonde bomber" !! Her
production crew was given a production award. I still have several parachute
flares in the tubes from her. They were fired from the M1 rifle..
Also...there were hundreds of contractors..no - thousands...that added their
parts to all equipment used during the war. Colt and Winchester made a lot
of electronic stuff for aircraft and tanks. Remington Rand had nothing to do
with rifles or rifle parts. They made pistols. There was a shoe company that
made a lot of parts for carbines and rifle bolts...you may have seen the
bolts on 1917 rifles made for WW2..they say USMC....no - sorry, not US
Marine Corps..it is the SHOE COMPANY... They made machinery for making
shoes. Carry on ..1SG PANTANO