Re: [MV] Mil aerosol paint experience

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Tue May 08 2001 - 05:41:49 PDT

komual@showme.missouri.edu writes:

<< Gillespie vs Aervoe
 aerosol cans to spray it with >>

Either will be fine if the vehicle is stored indoors 99% of its life. If its
going to be outdoors, don't use Aervoe. It fades, and colors shifts...Forest
Green turns pink in about 18 months, then about 18 months later becomes a
kind of rust brown color.
Semi-Gloss OD turns to gray after a couple of years, and after just one year
it is a noticeably different shade.
I was going to take some comparison photos of my M45 compressor truck, the
fender had a clear line where the side panel met that showed clearly this
fading. But I forgot, and this past weekend repainted the truck with
Gillespie, because the 4 year old Aervoe paint job looked 40 years old.
My .02,
David Doyle