Re: [MVlist] WC53 Carryall Restoration Entry #53 & 54

From: Jim Rice (majrice@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 14:51:43 PDT

>From: Chris Davis I had another bit of welding fun when a hot ball of
>splatter found a hole in my shoe. I performed the traditional "Dance of the
>Foolish Welder" while pulling the shoe off and inspecting the burnt hole in
>my sock.

That is nothing. You ought to try molten steel in your EAR.....you can
really hear it sizzle!!! I cutting the modified front bumper off my GPW a
few years back and had weld pop which sent a glob of hot steel into my left
ear........deep into my ear canal. I think it was sitting against my
eardrum as badly as it hurt and as loudly as it sizzled. I promptly threw
the still burning torch to the ground and danced the dance of the insanely
painful injured person. Not fun for me. My buddies got quite the laugh out
of it.

Jim Rice