Re: [MV] [MVlist] WW2 Patent Rights - was Jerry Can Funny Business

From: Cougarjack@aol.com
Date: Tue May 15 2001 - 18:40:35 PDT

Rick,
Yuh, and also damage awards for short rounds....so what's next, hazard warning labels on stripper clips?
Sigh....wasn't the whole idea of war to be dangerous?
Anyway, I once stated on this list that the term "jerry can" originated in this way and I was taken to task for it. SO what's the true origin of the name? Furthermore, does anyone know why the USMC is buying blue water cans from Blitz? Blue? Why blue?
Jack