Re: [MV] M35 engine "Issues"

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Tue May 22 2001 - 19:47:55 PDT

Hank,
My opinion (please consult real mechanic for actual advice)...deuce bad
sick...

Maybe blown head gasket???? How does it run?

LDT VERY susceptible to overheating damage...high temp's collapse rings and
blow head gasket.

Symptom of head gasket failure...coolant in cab.
Symptom of ring collapse...low oil pressure.
Also possible to have cross contamination of the oil and coolant..you should
check.
Check thermostat, and take radiator to shop and have cleaned out (40-50
bucks).
REMOTE possibility of electrical anomaly causing gauges to read
wrong...before tear down of engine check with mechanical gauges.

Don't take to home depot or anywhere else to problem corrected.

Vermont Commercial Salvage had a sale on overhaul gasket sets for 100.00
bucks, not a bad deal of they still have some.

If more serious than that, IHO, look into buying one of the take out engine
and transmissions on the market Vs repairing yours.
I bought LDT-465-1D with transmission (less starter) from Tony Roca for
500.00 bucks. Installed two years ago and still runs great. I know-I know,
you don't know what your buying, but unless you bought truck itself from a
reputable dealer you didn't know what you were getting then either. Besides,
the pull out is a great source of parts (and cheap too, priced an injection
pump lately?).

My .02,
David Doyle