multifuels

From: Rick Welker (rickw_17030@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue May 22 2001 - 20:37:23 PDT

Ok guys, I'm reading on the M35 engine "issues" and
you have me concerned. My -1C engine has an oil leak
from the head gasket down the right side of the block
since I have it. It never gets worse, just stains the
block black. No coolant leak; I have the truck over 18
months and have never added coolant. Should I replace
the head gasket? Someone mentioned that the -1D's were
changed. Was it the head gasket that was updated, or
the head redesigned? (I've heard there are "new" and
"old" types of gaskets and one should stay away from
the "old" type). Also, while running mine tonight I
noticed that I have a "noise" that sounds like a
harmonic vibration (engine is smooth; no vibration
felt) at about 2000-2100 rpm's. Above or below no
noise. Engine has about 1200 hrs; 60 lbs oil pressure
at operating temp and never has gotten over 190
degrees on a hot day full pull loaded.
Opinions/thoughts? thanks, Rick