RE: [MV] Noisy deuce, but not the exhaust. Gears, etc.

From: Joe Garrett (j.garrett@gte.net)
Date: Fri May 25 2001 - 06:18:51 PDT

Yeah, I put these stack mufflers on a couple of my trucks and now my wife
will actually ride in the truck with me (carefully consider the
ramifications of this before you run out and put a muffler on your M35A2!).
And, I have been able to actually talk on a cell phone while going down the
road (if I persist at this behavior I am going ot have to put in the power
steering upgrade!)!

After I put a muffler on my '53 Studebaker M35A2 I was able to hear the
tranny noise that had previously been hidden. It is really loud, too. I
checked the output shaft on the back of the tranny and you can wiggle it
with your hand. Is there anyway to tighten this with out pulling the
tranny?

Joe Garrett
cell 425-344-1402