Re: [MV] Pearl Harbour- shurely shome mistakes?

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Fri Jun 01 2001 - 00:09:27 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Todd Paisley" <paisley@erols.com>
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2001 12:34 AM
Subject: Re: [MV] Pearl Harbour- shurely shome mistakes?

> > Er, just a bit puzzled by the M37 ambulance (which could have been late
> > 1960's) and the M series trucks in this film that has had almost as much
> > spent on it the GNP of most "emerging" nations.... and thats only
after
> > about 5 mins of footage on TV tonite.
>
> It also has stamped-grille MBs/GPWs. At the time of December 7th, 1941,
> only slat grille MBs existed. Given the distance of Hawaii from the
> mainland and MBs only in production for a few weeks, no MBs probably were
> even in Hawaii at the time....

Not to condone the mistakes of Moneywood but these inaccuracies are only
spotted by the assembled talent of these lists, which often to the layman
puts us into the "anorak" category, and probably represents 0.00001% or less
of the audience totals.

Interesting too that our very own Nigel Hay spots the error (or perhaps the
first one to the kbd !) but the use of a 50's Morris Commercial MRA1 and
clone motorcycle outfits in Saving Ryan's Privates went apparently unnoticed
in the US.

Of course the vehicle consultant on these efforts is likely a long way down
the pecking order.

Richard
Southampton - England