Re: [MV] [MVlist] Soviet Army car insgnia stickers for sale at EBAY

From: Andreas Mehlhorn (a.mehlhorn@t-online.de)
Date: Sat Jun 02 2001 - 12:39:34 PDT

Richard Notton schrieb:

> > -Kettenkrads have no insignia-
> >
> Hmmmmm, I've a feeling I have some original pictures showing the kleines
> Kettenkraftrad Sd.Kfz.2 NSU HK 101 variously with the Iron Cross and the
> Desert Gardening Club insignia, certainly with the initials of the corps
> commander which was quite common on most vehicles.

No Balkenkreuz (not Iron Cross!) on softskin vehicles please. We are not
in a Disney movie here, we are the experts!

The palm tree is korrekt and if you want also unit markings.

> I'm sure we could make up a DGC palm tree stencil for application at
> Beltring as you have it in einheits sandgelb already and the initials ER or
> AM would be appropriate.

AM ist good! Tell me how and where to paint this marking!
And on the back seat I'll write "Feldwebel Regina"?

> Personally I would prefer RAL 7021 Panzergrau of
> course.

You are right but it is a lot of work to remove all the Sandgelb paint to come
to the Panzergrau under it. May be one day I'll do it... For this years Belt-
ring it must be enough to install the original SOLEX Geländevergaser
(For Richard: Gelaendevergaser). Makes the vehicle a little bit more
original, hope the Baron will notice that.

Best regards
Andreas
-Sandgelb over Panzergrau Kettenkrad without insignia-