questions for the wiser that me

From: Brian Leffler (leffield@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jun 09 2001 - 21:11:09 PDT

Knowledgible listers,

My newly acquired toys and improved local weather have
generated some questions that I hope the collective
knowledge of the list might answer:

#1- Is there any similarity/interchangeability between
the wheel cylinders and brake shoes for the G742
(M35) and G749 (M211) series trucks?

#2- In the recent past I saw and later read about on
the list a business in Michigan, St. Joeseph IIRC,
that had large quantities of 900x20 tires available
buy the skid for good prices. I thought I saved the
address info but now I can't find it. Could someone
please replenish my depleted memory?

#3- How do the airshift deuce and 5 ton transfer cases
work? ie Are they a solenoid that opens a valve
allowing the air pressure to actuate a shift lever, or
are the switches on the dash the actual valves
themselves? I have a TM but it doesn't cover the
airshift upgrade.

4#- I have acquired a really interesting Tulsa winch
that is in the 30,000# class. In addition to the
cable spool it has a removable goats head (horizontal
capstan). Can anyone tell me any history about these
winches? Is the Tulsa company still in business? I
can tell you that the winch itself without cable
weighs more than an M211 transmission in the shipping
container (750 lbs) and approx. 250 feet of 5/8 cable
is not something that you want to move often.

5#- Richard and others have made mention of an outfit
in Florida that was taking the cranes off of Stalwarts
they imported into the US and discarding them due to
lack of customer desire. Could someone point me in
the right direction to contact these folks or give me
more info on the cranes that I might better see if
they will fit my need.

6#- Do any listers in Vermont, USA or Southern Quebec
know where I could find old power company/ telephone
company 4x4 C60 series Chevy trucks? It may not be MV
related now but it will be before long.

Thank you for any help you can offer,

Brian Leffler
1954 M211 (x2)