Re: [MV] Welding Gas tanks successfully

From: John A. Hern Jr (hern@nidlink.com)
Date: Wed May 23 2001 - 10:03:06 PDT

About 30 years ago I was building a bed for a truck. It had two 50
gallon saddle tanks. Part way through the job, I noticed a little flame
about the size of a candle, burning at the vent of one of the tanks.
The fumes coming from the tank had been ignited by a welding spark. It
was a very disconcerting experience to say the least. I covered the
vent with a wet rag (actually, my underwear, as I'd peed my pants when I
saw the flame) and proceeded with the job.

John