Re: [MV] Welding Gas tanks successfully

From: aussierob (aussierob@odyssey.net)
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 07:23:35 PDT

Sorry Samfans, and you are entitled to your opinion

However, get it really clear from the outset I don't drive drunk and I will
with total care weld a gas tank in the manner I have prescribed.
Sanfans, would it be OK if i were paid by the company I worked for to
perform this.

I do have an amount of experience and confidence in my ability.
My Life is far too precious, so I believe in my actions to be safe,
I don't treat it lightly.
I always wear safety glasses when using a grinding wheel.
I always stand to the side of the wheel because the will disintergrate and
kill .
I always wear my seatbelts
I always use jack stands beside the jack
and so on !

Possibly, you're not sure of yourself in these matters, and that's
understandable.
However, you may have habits that I (& others) would consider risky ?
I don't know !

This list is made up of people telling others about their experiences !

At no time did I tell people to go ahead and try this. not anymore that is,
than someone on the interenet explaning how to make explosives, or in fac,
how to bungee jump... hot Air ballooing, skydiving. All of which are deadly
if not done correctly.
I did however, explain in one section, copied below, that I would use the
detergent, successfully I might add, to nuetralize the surface gasoline more
readily than just plain water. I did explain that i would use more detergent
than less !

my original post - snip;
 (At that time, I discovered that oil and oil products are dissolved by a
liberal amount of detergent ...so, don't wimp on it, OK ! )

The only words of yours, that I can definitely dissagree with your posting
is the words where you mention my "unsound logic !

Sanfans, thanks for your concerned posting.
We are all different and that is what makes this list interesting

REgards,
Ol jeep breath
Rob P.
Upstate, NY