Re: [MV] Hood Catch on 1945MB

From: Colin Stevens (colin@pacdat.net)
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 21:43:05 PDT

I believe it should be the "T" not "J" shaped type. I have seen photos of a
single handle type and feel that this is a field fix using something off of
another vehicle.

On my 1944 MB all hood and windshield latches are "T" shape.

Regarding your signature block herb.Being a Canadian I am not familiar with
the abbreviation for your state - "AV". I've heard of VA, WA etc. and even
ante-bellum - could this be ante-vellum? ;-)

Colin Macgregor Stevens

NOTE: I lost about 100 messages in early April, 11 or more messages on 2001
APR 30/May 1 and about 10 more on May 16 due to a server problem. If you
sent me a message during that time that was not answered, please resend it.
Thanks.

MVPA Member 954 (since 1977)
Editor: "Maple Leaf Up!" newsletter & Webmaster
of Western Command Military Vehicle Historical Society
(Established 1977)
Pitt Meadows (East of Vancouver but not beyond Hope)
British Columbia, CANADA
Owner of:
1944 Willys MB jeep (ex-Norway)
1942 BSA airborne bicycles (2)