Re: [MV] National Archives Experiences

From: Todd Paisley (paisley@erols.com)
Date: Thu Jun 14 2001 - 16:33:42 PDT

> I spoke with Mitch Yockelson, and his boss,
> Mr. Ninnenger of the Modern Military Records Branch, sent me what I
> consider to be a "knee jerk" response. "Vehicle records are always
> destroyed after administrative use" PERIOD?

I have done extensive research at the NARA and what they told you is true.
If it were a plane, ship, etc., they could provide that information. But
wheeled vehicles they do not have. I even did a FOIA request to DOD for
records like this for WWII jeeps and they just don't have this information.

Todd Paisley