Silicone Brake Fluid

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Fri Jun 15 2001 - 06:51:45 PDT

Fellow Listers;
            Without causing a big debate over the merits of different brake
fluid, is there a civilian equivalent to mil spec brake fluid. I always
thought DOT5 was silicone. Upon reading a bottle of this stuff, it says its
compatible with DOT 3&4 fluids. Since its compatible, it must not be pure
silicone. Also I have heard that there is a DOT5.1 fluid also. Anybody have
any experience with a speciific brand of silicone brake fliud, let me know.
 TIA.....Kenny

Kenneth Engle
Loxahatchee, FL
'52 Stude M-275 tractor