Re: [MV] What the hell is wrong with some list members?

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Sun Jun 17 2001 - 18:34:13 PDT

In a message dated 6/17/01 5:30:43 PM Central Standard Time, Muttguru@aol.com
writes:

<< In a message dated 18/06/01 00:24:05 GMT Daylight Time, Hummer1234 writes:

 << but Arthur's rules state we ARE NOT supposed to post virus warnings >>

 Yeah. Well, Arthur isn't always around to see the mess that this causes
folks...

 Ken

Bill,
Thanks for the warning. I use certain precautions myself against virus, but
tend to be real open minded when an attachment comes from a friend that I
trust. My interpretation of Arthur's well thought out rules is that he
discourages the generalized virus warnings which are usually BS and always
circulate on the net....much like the "alligator in NYC sewer," "JATO pack on
car," and "Jane Fonda as woman of century" urban myths. I don't think it
was/is Arthur's intention to keep list members who accidentally but
DEFINITELY passed a virus to fellow list members from giving a heads up about
this.
As an aside, does anyone on the list have for sale the main data plate for a
V17A/MTQ 6x6, or any of the pump operators station data plates for a military
class 530C pumper?

My .02,
David Doyle