Re: [MV] A few more pictures

From: Brandon K. (c322348@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 07:44:50 PDT

This is an easy one. Your taxes paid for a brand new
rig to haul off DRMO surplus. The police department
collects the surplus to sell later. Either the money
ends up in the department budget, or the stuff turns
up missing one day and can be found for sale at the
local surplus store (clothing and web gear).

This is a big scam in Kalifornia. It's hard to get any
good equipment out of the DRMO system anymore. A
friend of mine is curator of a large registered
non-profit museum, and as such, the museum can draw
items from the surplus system...but only after law
enforcement picks over it first. He can't even get a
used tail light bulb for a HMMWV because anyone with a
badge can walk in and take parts. He's even caught law
enforcement stealing parts off of items he has been
awarded.

Law enforcement has new ways of getting budget now. If
they aren't confiscating cars from pot smokers,
they're liberating Deuce-and-a-halfs from DRMO.

Brandon