Re: [MV] MVPA election

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Fri Jun 29 2001 - 21:13:38 PDT

In a message dated 6/29/01 8:54:37 PM Central Standard Time, milstuf@home.com
writes:

<< I got my Supply Line yesterday and I see that Jim Gilmore is finally being
 allowed to run for the Board.I know Jim and he will be a great Board Member
 so lets get behind him and get him in office like he should have been a long
 time ago. >>

It appears to me that there are several well qualified candidates running for
the MVPA board. Personally, I am much more concerned with who will work
effectively with the proper government authorities to insure that private
citizens can continue to own, operate and preserve military vehicles,
regardless of age or national origin. The fosterment of an interest in our
hobby (and history) within today's youth is also of great importance to me.
Neither of the groups involved (government or youth) respond well to
screaming or threatening, rather calm explanation, factual information, and
working within the system serve the hobby well. Either of these concerns
outweighs the "who is a good ol' boy" to me.

My .02,
David Doyle