Re: [MV] 37mm turret gun demill question

From: Geoff Winnington-Ball (gwball@sympatico.ca)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 16:27:29 PDT

Jim,

First of all, the original equipment wasn't a 37mm, it was a British
2-pounder; having said that, you might be best off removing the gun and
leaving it there, then finding a "legal" U.S. 37mm to substitute over on
this side of the pond.

It would be a hell of a shame to butcher an operating 2-pounder breech
to the extent that ATF would demand, when a 37mm would do the trick for
what you are intending.

IMHO, of course. Your call. We can discuss this at Beltring!

Geoff

--
Regards,

Geoff Winnington-Ball MAPLE LEAF UP! ==> Zephyr, Ontario, Canada ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Maple Leaf Up - The Canadian Army Overseas in WW2 http://www.mapleleafup.org ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 1st Canadian Armoured Carrier Regiment http://www.1cacr.org ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~