3M masking tape is the ONLY thing to use

From: Jeanne Lacourse (cckw@mediaone.net)
Date: Sun Jul 08 2001 - 16:43:44 PDT

When painting my new civy GMC 302 for my deuce, I covered the fuel pump hole
with 3M masking tape prior to painting the engine. I run an electric and was
going to put something, pump or plate in there. Well I didn't get around to
it before the big test. Around the block we went (the long way). It was
about a 10 mile trip. When I got back, I saw the original fuel pump on the
floor and said oh -S%$#, A quick look at the side of the engine showed that
it was just starting to leak between the layers ( 3 half inch strips)!

I was impressed!

Steve AKA Dr Deuce