Re: [MV] MVs in the movies

From: chance wolf (timberwolf@wheeldog.net)
Date: Tue Jul 10 2001 - 22:52:20 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom C." <gammagoat@neo.rr.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2001 1:08 PM
Subject: [MV] MVs in the movies

> Recently saw Tomb Raider, are the three amphibious vehicles in it Larc Vs
or
> what. Also, I caught Stripes for the 10 billionth time the other day and
> just noticed a Gamagoat sitting outside the gate of the supposed Russian
> checkpoint they smashed through near the end. I know on this list my
> question will easily be answered. How bout some other relatively current
> movies featuring some odd MVs.
> Tom Carrell

There's a few to watch out for if you're a fan of the UPN series "Seven
Days" or like "Stargate SG-1", as both outfits have rented our 1962 German
M.A.N. 4x4 and 1965 Auto-Union MUNGA vehicles for various
Russian/Soviet/Former Eastern Bloc scenarios over the last year or so.
There should be a 'Stargate' ep up shortly with these vehicles in it, unless
it's already aired. Also, if you look carefully, you'll notice our M718A1
less top and stretcher kit on many reruns of "Dark Angel", and may even
notice a 'wrecked' bad-guy Humvee in one of the eps which I built up from
one that had been intimate with a train.

Coming up, we're scheduled to do a bunch of CMPs and a Land Rover ("we need
Right Hand Drive - we don't care if it runs!") for some derelict airport
scene in India (era and production unknown), and the Mungas and MAN will go
out yet again as part of a 10-20 'foreign' looking vehicle order before
summer's end. I'll pass on the titles once I know them for the interested.

Andy Hill
MVPA 9211
Vancouver, B.C. (who would _once_ like to see Canadian vehicles play
Canadian vehicles, and German stuff play German stuff...)