Re: [MV] OPEN EYES IN MASS...epiloge LONG

From: Jim Densley (puget@harbornet.com)
Date: Sun Jul 15 2001 - 12:48:06 PDT

Under common law burglary is the unlawful entry of a residence at night with
the intent to commit a crime against person or property, therein. Nowadays
it's the entry of a building (or in some cases a fenced area) at any time
with the intent to commit a crime against person or property, therein.
Being armed or actually assaulting someone bumps the crime up a notch.
Theft is the general term for unlawfully taking property from another, it
covers all the old crimes of embezzelment, larceny, fraud. Theft comes in
various degrees depending on the value and type of property stolen (e.g.
cars and guns) and whether it was taken from the person of another, (e.g.
pick-pocket). Robbery is the biggy. It's defined as taking property from
another by threat of or use of force. It's degrees depend on whether a
weapon was used. The MV thread is that probably your vehicle being stolen
is a theft unless it's car-jacked where it's a robbery. Jim D. Ferret
00EC40