CARC paint question? Correctness question?

From: Eric McFarlin (eem@texas.net)
Date: Mon Jul 16 2001 - 06:48:47 PDT

I keep seeing people ask about CARC paint. I really don't know what it is
but I have a hunch that it is the flat paint. Is this correct? Is this the
paint that gets chalky from sitting outside and gets stains? Maybe this
does not exist but why not paint with a flat clear coat?

This leads to my second question. Would the semi-gloss paint be better
suited? I know the military used it for a while before going to CARC.

How would the MV establishment view using semi-gloss on newer military
vehicles? Big no no or is it just viewed as not being correct in judging
competitions? In the same vein, how does the MV establishment view more
modern conveniences, such as power steering/brakes/seat belts/different
engine/etc, added to older MV?

thanks,
Eric McFarlin
eem@texas.net