Re: [MV] Any MV owners or clubs in Austin Texas or central Texas?

From: Jess Minton (pd.minton@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Jul 16 2001 - 20:14:53 PDT

At 12:59 PM 7/16/01 -0500, you wrote:
>I'd like to see some of the military vehicles that you have. Maybe attend
>any rallies or meetings to get more information on the hobby. I gotta get
>an MV soon!
>
>thanks,
>Eric McFarlin
>eem@texas.net
Eric,
    There are 2 fairly active groups about 3 1/2 hours north of you in
Dallas and Fort Worth/Burleson.

VI Corps in Dallas hosts a MV and gun show at the Dallas Convention Center
every November.
(next one is Nov 3rd and 4th) You can contact their newsletter publisher:
Dallas VI Corps has monthly meetings (next one is Aug 13 at the Backcountry
BBQ at 6940 Greenville Ave
in Dallas.) They usually have vets or other interesting speakers.

Arrowhead Chapter is based in Burleson just south of Fort Worth. Linda
Haas <johaas@swbell.net>
publishes an excellent newsletter called the Pintlehook. Their recent get
togethers include the premier
of Pearl Harbor and Burleson's 4th of July parade. Both groups have great
people as members and are
only about $15 a year to join to get their newsletters. Since you are in
Austin you could always check out
  the MV collections at Camp Mabry, the headquarters to the Texas National
Guard and the museums
at Fort Hood. Welcome to the Green Machine Addiction Club!
Dont forget North Texas is the site of next years MVPA National Convention.

Jess Minton
42 GPW
Arlington, TX