Re: [MV] I must have been a good boy...

From: Mike and Cheryl (mleaton@netins.net)
Date: Wed Jul 18 2001 - 20:50:48 PDT

My local fire Dept. is currently using the surplus fuel tanker from the Air
National Guard (132ncd Fighter Wing, Des Moines, IA) as their water truck.
When we had the floods in 1993 they hauled water from our small town into
Des Moines to the guard for them to use. I will see what the did to flush it
out.
All I remember is the moved the exhaust (which came out of the front bumper)
and
put a 4 inch gate valve in the back to fill stuff fast.
I'm sure it is clean or I think their would have been a big explosion at the
first
fire. They filled my neighbors new pool 3 years ago with it also.

Mike in Iowa
mleaton@netins.net